Articles of Faith
BETHEL PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
ARTICLES OF FAITH
1. We believe in one true and living God, and that there are three persons in the Godhead: The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19, 1 John 5:7, II Corinthians 13:14.
2. We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament of the 1611 King James Version are the only inspired written Word of God. We believe the New Testament scriptures are our only rule for our faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
3. We believe in the doctrine of eternal and particular election. Romans 9:11-13, Ephesians 1:4.
4. We believe in the doctrine of original sin. Romans 5:12.
5. We believe in the doctrine of man’s impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature, of his own free will and ability. Romans 8:7; John 6:44; Hebrews 1:3.
6. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ. Romans 3:24; 4:6-8.
7. We believe that God’s elect are sanctified in the sight of God the Father, preserved in Jesus Christ, and called by the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:28-39.
8. We believe that the saints are preserved in Grace and shall never fall finally away. Hebrews 10:14, Romans 8:37-39.
9. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that feet washing was an example set forth by Him and that true believers are the only subjects of these ordinances and examples. We believe that all peace loving Primitive Baptists will enjoy a blessing by practicing feet washing. We further believe that the only true mode of baptism is by immersion. Acts 8:38-39; John 13:14; 1 Corinthians 11: 24-25; Colossians 2: 12.
10. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust. The dead in Christ shall rise first. We which are alive and remain shall be changed and caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
11. We believe that the punishment of the wicked is everlasting and the joys of the righteous eternal. Matthew 25: 34-41.
12. We believe that ordained ministers who have come under imposition of hands by a regular presbytery only have the right to administer ordinances. I Timothy 4:14-16; Titus 1:5.